Brushing for just 2 minutes can reduce plaque by 80%
Brushing your teeth in the morning and at night is a common ritual done by most people, but what if we said most people do not brush their teeth correctly. Here are a few hygiene tips for a clean and better smile.
Brush for Two Minutes, Two Times a Day
Most every dentist recommends brushing your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day, but research from the American Dental Association provides results of an average time of 45 seconds which is well below the two minute mark.
Brushing your teeth for two minutes is actually really easy if you follow these tips.
- Imagine your mouth in a four piece grid – top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right – and brush each section for 30 seconds
- Each time you brush your teeth set a timer to ensure a full two minute brush.
- Most electric tooth brushes have built in timers that vibrate every 30s to remind users to move to the next section.
- There are also many tooth brushed designed for Kids that light up, vibrate, and include timers that make brushing their teeth fun.
- Even without an electric toothbrush, you can find instructional videos across the web that helps with a two minute brush.